Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sewing Diaper Inserts

A new project for me.  I bought some bamboo and hemp fabric and want to make some inserts for my pocket diapers.  Bamboo and hemp are more absorbent than the microfiber inserts that come with most pocket diapers, and they also tend to have less problems that cause the need to 'strip'.  Since my daughter is a heavy wetter, want to eventually switch completely to natural fibers.  They are also thinner than microfiber so her bum wouldn't be quite so 'fluffy' and I won't have to size up so much on her pants! :)

I'll update you on how this project goes...I've been trying to get started here for the last few days but haven't quite found the time to start.  Hubby has the day off tomorrow though, so maybe I can fit in some sewing time while he's here to take care of M!  I know they won't be anything fancy because I just have a basic machine so they won't have the nice edges on them - but I'm sure they'll work.  And hopefully I'll save lots of money by making my own instead of buying them!

I think I'm going to make a few different sizes to see what works out best for us.  I'm going to do something like this so that I can add them in for M if I need them but then just use something like this for baby until they get to be a heavier wetter too...  This will sort of be trial and error so wish me luck and let me know if you have any tips for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment