Monday, April 30, 2012

Morning Sickness...

is something that is all too fresh in my mind right now!  I've had a hard time this pregnancy, so I thought I'd try to share some things that have helped me through the past few months.  Thankfully it's finally mostly passed, and I just get hit with waves of nauseousness occasionally but for about the first 3 1/2 months, I was nauseous what seems like 20 hours out of the day.  (I'm sure it wasn't but it sure knocked me out some days!)

Some things that worked for me:

  • Ginger Ale - tried and true it did help subside the mild cases of sickness for awhile
  • Morning Ease natural vitamin - just a couple of days after starting to take this every evening with my supper and prenatal vitamin, and my nauseousness immediately subsided and came more infrequently.  I don't know if it was because I was around 11-12 weeks so it was just the time in my pregnancy to subside or if it really works that great, but it definitely helped me right away!  I bought it at a local Akins Natural Food Mart, but I'm sure you can find it or something similar at other natural food stores as well.  I also found it online at Amazon.  (It contains Vitamin B6, Red Raspberry, Ginger & Milk Thistle)
  • SeaBands - this one I was pretty leery to try, but I was at my wits end of being sick, so I gave it a shot!  And What do you know?  It worked!  I definitely wasn't going to be winning any awards for best fashion accessories but I didn't care!  Whenever I felt a wave coming on, I'd slip on my SeaBands and it would ease up after just a few minutes.  Or when I was getting sick most every day, I just wore them all day taking them off just to sleep, shower, etc.  Just remember that you do have to wear them both to get the full effect.
  • Eating less at a time but eating more frequently - this is one I had a hard time doing since I was chasing around a 1 year old most of the day, but when I did have a chance to do it, it helped a lot.  I  definitely noticed that once I started getting hungry, I had to eat NOW or I was going to get sick so this helped me from ever really getting hungry thus subsiding my nauseousness.


Hopefully you don't ever have to use these tips because you're the lucky ones that don't get hit with morning sickness but if you're more like me - I hope these help you too!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment